mmmm HotPot!
















My dear wife loves when I make hotpot. Although we missed the opportunity to have true ChongQing hotpot when we were there, I did alot of research on what can and does go into making the CQ hotpot numb and spicy. She's been dying for me to make it again for awhile now so since we were planning a birthday get-together for her dad's wife, I agreed to make it for that. Luckily while roaming around in our closest asian grocer, she found an electric sectioned hotpot! I had been hoping to find one somewhere local without having to order one as I had been using a nice big cast-iron pot and a burner. Works great if you're doing just one level of hotpot...not so if you want to do numb/spicy and then plain. So I was in hotpot making heaven. I put my concoction together and we had chicken and a lovely seafood mix for the meats. I laid off the really hot stuff this time, but it was enough to give those of us who ate it a good kick. :)
Nice thing about this new hotpot pot is that it's "small" enough and easy to use so we can have it alittle more often. :) yum!!!

2 comments:

Lisa~~ said...

Looks wonderful and for us, brings back such wonderful memories of CQ. If you didn't try it, in addition to the meat, chicken & seafood add potato, sweet potato, sliced lotus root (a fave for all of us who did hot pot in CQ), quail eggs (buy them canned, already cooked and peeled), baby bok choy & even dumplings. Love your pot! Nice seeing new piccies of AR too!

Mel said...

That lokks sooo good! Yes, our little spicy girls are just the most beautiful little things:) I remember seeing Autumn for the first time and thinking she was just the prettiest little thing.
Mel