Aiya!!!!



I finished my PhotoShop course online (1 class down and 19 to go...) and passed it with flying colours so to speak. I ended up with a 97.5 out of 100 which earned me an Outstanding mark for the class. my last project was a movie poster. we had to come up with something based on real movies or TV shows, or we could make something up. Here's mine. the instructor raved about it and told me he was going to submit it to the student gallery which is made up of featured work picked by instructors. Honestly I was a bit surprised by that, but woohoo for me!


Well it seems like I've joined the rest of our friends who have blogs in the 'Lack of Posting' department. My apologies. It has been one crazy summer (isn't that a movie?!) for sure!


So much has happened that I don't know where to start and basically if I did I would be typing for a long long time. So here's the Reader Digest Condensed version:

Father's day was almost non-event-full if it wasn't for the walk and play time at the park near G's dad's house. Autumn was a blast and had sooooo much fun. I got to push her in the swing for a bit and play on the slide with her.


Fourth of July weekend was pretty cool too! my parents came up for a visit and we all had a great time. I also didn't have to worry too much about irresponsible neighbours like last year which was a relief. I went golfing with my dad which I've not ever done before...while all the girls did some shopping and visited a do-it-yourself pottery and craft place. Autumn had a wonderful time with her grandparents and of course was sad when they had to leave to head home.

My birthday was fun. We celebrated it on that 7/4 weekend along with other family members with July B-Days when alot of said family members were in town visiting. Autumn picked out a very fun card for me and enjoyed helping Daddy blow out birthday candles. Okay so the thing is is that the top of the cake was nothing but a forest of candles. I don't think we had quite the hundred and something candles to represent the ages of four of us combined (one teen, one early 30's, one 40-something, then me) but it definitely was a fire-hazzard.



The other really fun thing was when our friends from south of town came up with their daughter so they could play and have fun together. I made a pretty darn-good Ma La Hou Gou (numb and spicy hot pot) which we all enjoyed. Of course the two girlies had hot dogs, chips, and then noodles from the non-spicy hot pot. We had a wonderful time visiting and watching the girls play and be silly.



No comments: