a quick post...











So last Tuesday the 19th, I registered Autumn for kindergarten. That's right...kindergarten. YIKES!! Has my baby girl already gotten old enough to be going to kindergarten?!
She's been in a pre-school program this year so far and an entry level (or as I say..PRE-PRE) pre-school the year before. So what's the big deal? Well I guess it's just the realization that she's going to be 5 in September and entering kindergaten. Since school starts mid to late August she'll actually have started before she turns five, but you know what I mean. Crazy. I don't know how other places do it, but in our school district, you have to register at the first of the year of the year they're entering kindergarten so they know how many children from the particular school's "home-school" territory will be attending so they know how many kids from outside they can enroll.
Autumn is definitely looking forward to going to "real" school although she's already started saying she's alittle nervous about it. Understandable, but with the personality she has...once she gets over the initial newness of everything, she'll be fine and get along well. Mommy and Daddy it seems will probably still be trying to figure out where time went to. :)

Everything else is going well. We're actually looking forward to spring (sooner than later) and getting out and hiking, biking, and spending time at the nearby lake and park. Our new goal this spring is finally getting Autumn over her fear of riding her bike (she fell over a few times last year...yes even with training wheels...and she's not wanted to try it again). She's doing well with most everything else though. She loves dancing around, playing games, spending time with her (local) grandma and grandpa, going to "Chinese school" at the JCCC, colouring and painting, etc. We've gone on almost 5 months now of her going to bed in her own bed without a single fuss or anything. It's been sooooooooooooo great. :)

Okay so my quick post wasn't so quick...oh well. Enjoy the pics. I took them a week ago and I think they are some of the better ones I've taken of Autumn in a little while...if I don't say so myself. hehe!
Until next time...

2 comments:

Lisa~~ said...

Oh my gosh, there's no baby left she's looking so very grown up!!! Isn't it crazy how fast they grow up especially seeing that my age hasn't changed in the three years we've had our girls ;-) I hope that Autumn enjoys kindergarten as much as Maisie has this past year. It amazes me how they learn so much and just you wait for when they start interacting more with the older kids at school and the things they come with.

Karyn said...

What a stunner. We miss you guys. Most of our chatter about Kai is on Facebook, haven't done blogging in a long time.

Kai's November birthday puts him a year behind Autumn for kindergarten. Fortunately we love his Montessori school and are happy to keep him there until he reaches 1st grade. We will see after that. It is so odd to think they could be old enough for that step.

Glad to see Autumn's sweet face in my Google reader!